By logging in to Our WordPress powered Publishing Platform (Click to Log-in), You are agreeing to abide by these Terms, which may be amended at any time. These Terms of Service were updated on January 15, 2014 and are effective as of January 15, 2014.
Acceptance of Terms
Your Use of the Service as a registered User on the website readmeindia.com is conditioned upon Your acceptance of and continued adherence to these Terms. ReadmeINDIA reserves the right to alter or revise these Terms at any time by notifying You through its Notification Bar. You can see this Notification Bar on the top of Your Dashboard/ Homepage after logging in to Your User Account. This is Your responsibility to keep Yourself updated by perusing this Notification Bar on regular basis. You may reject accepting the Terms by requesting the termination of Your User Account. Your continued use of the Service indicates Your acceptance of any and all revised Terms. ReadmeINDIA reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your User Account at any time or discontinue Your access to the Service or remove Your content for any reason. Please read the Terms of Service for Writers and Editors in detail below.
For the avoidance of doubt, ReadmeINDIA does not guarantee the online services will be operable at all times or during any down time (i) caused by outages to any public Internet backbones, networks or servers, (ii) caused by any failures of Your equipment, systems or local access services, (iii) for previously scheduled maintenance or (iv) relating to events beyond our control such as strikes, riots, insurrection, fires, floods, explosions, war, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes, natural disasters, or interruptions in Internet services to an area where ReadmeINDIA or Your servers are located or co-located.
Only readmeindia.com Administrator is authorized to create User Accounts and complete user registration process on behalf of Authorized Users. You will be notified about Your Login details, after which You will be able to access and maintain Your User Account. You are responsible for any and all activities occurring or content that is posted under Your User Account. If You discover any unauthorized activity under Your User Account, please alert the ReadmeINDIA Administrator immediately, by sending an email alert to [email protected].
In addition, You may not use Your User Account to breach security of another User Account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the site may be available to You or other Authorized Users of the site. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and purpose of the site or other similar services.
Restrictions on Use
YOU MAY NOT:
- Publish any content or links that are obscene, invasive of privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable, hateful, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, or is otherwise offensive.
- Hack the Service or modify any content that are not Your own.
- Link to any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Link to pages or sites that are unrelated to the topic and content of Your articles.
- Remove, compile, disassemble or reverse engineer any ReadmeINDIA software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the service architecture.
- Attempt to automatically redirect service users to other domains, mislead users of the origins of the content contained in Your articles, or use Your User Account as storage for remote loading or a door or signpost to a website outside of the Service.
- Publish content for any illegal activities or to promote or make solicitations for any illegal or unauthorized activity.
- Spam any user or mass email any user in an automated fashion.
- Use any automatic or manual process to harvest email addresses or other information from the Service.
- Use automation tools to create accounts or author content, to follow topics or authors, or to edit content. This includes, but is not limited to, article spinner software, blog and comment blasters, and similar software and online tools and services.
- Publish articles or content that are identical to, substantially similar to, or derived from other writer’s work and/or content published elsewhere on the web, electronic/digital media and print. This applies even if You are the owner of that content and/or have the rights to publish that content online.
Code of Ethics
- You are tasked with providing the public with accurate, thorough, well-supported information. We rely on the professional integrity of Our writers/editors as We strive to maintain a voice of quality and authority.
- Plagiarism or committing literary theft is treated as an attempt to steal, pass off, summarize, paraphrase or quote words, images or other creative pieces of work as Your own when the information is not common knowledge. Reusing phrases, sentences or paragraphs from a previously published article authored by You will be considered plagiarism.
- If content is not properly attributed, it can be perceived as plagiarism. Make sure to give credit within the article to the original source from which the information is derived. When appropriate, use quotation marks to indicate material from other sources.
- Never submit duplicate or similar content. Each article You submit must be composed in Your own words and contain fresh, new content, even if the subject matter is similar to that in another article with a related title.
- It is strictly prohibited to falsify or misrepresent any information presented in Your content. By submitting content to readmeindia.com, You are thereby agreeing that all information is objective, factual and does not distort the truth or create ambiguity.
- Ensure each statement you include in an article regarding a person or party is factually correct and verifiable beyond a doubt. Thoroughly investigate each and every statement regarding a person or party’s actions, intentions, character, history or achievements.
- Practice sensitivity when dealing with topics related to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability. Our goal is to provide high-quality service journalism, and discrimination of any form impedes this goal.
Your actions must comply with law and applicable Internet Ethics regarding online conduct and acceptable content. ReadmeINDIA staff reserves the rights to decline any work they feel does not meet their requirements. You are welcome to submit more works for approval even if few articles have been declined.
Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality
For purposes of these Terms, Confidential Information shall include all information or material that is being communicated, received, sent, acknowledged, published or shared through any medium, including but not limited to, emails, postage, online services and readmeindia.com Publishing Platform between You and ReadmeINDIA staff.
You agree and undertake that You will keep all Confidential Information strictly confidential and will not disclose any part of it to any other person without prior written consent of senior ReadmeINDIA official. You will act in good faith at all times in relation to the Confidential Information. You may disclose the Confidential Information to ReadmeINDIA officers and employees who are bound by these Terms to protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information. This imposes no obligations upon You with respect to Confidential Information which is known to You before the information or material comes into the knowledge of ReadmeINDIA or its officials and is not subject to any obligation of confidentiality; or publicly known through no act or default on Your part.
The restrictions do not apply to the extent that any Confidential Information is required to be disclosed by law or regulation or judicial or governmental request or order.
Proprietary Rights and Content Ownership
You cannot use the Service to distribute, share or solicit Content belonging to third parties without proper authorization from the owner(s) of that Content. You must respect the proprietary and intellectual property rights of others in creating your work. By accepting these Terms, You declare that the material submitted is Your own, original material and does not violate any copyright rules. You also acknowledge that the failure to follow these Terms will result in appropriate action being taken against You.
By submitting Your article, composition or a creative piece of work, You hereby assign to ReadmeINDIA and its owner(s) all Intellectual Property Rights and Copyrights which the website owner(s) has or may in the future have in the work. As a paid writer/editor, You grant ReadmeINDIA and its owner(s) all Intellectual Property Rights, including but not limited to, Copyrights for the published work, unless otherwise specified by the writer/editor in the agreement.
ReadmeINDIA does not claim its ownership on rejected content and You may republish Your work on a different site. If we reject Your work, the content You wrote belongs to You, but the title suggested by ReadmeINDIA staff is Our intellectual property and may not be republished.
Freelance writers/editors and full-time writers/editors would be Paid in accordance with the terms that are mutually discussed and/or communicated between a writer/editor and ReadmeINDIA recruiting officer and/or accepted by You. Payment Details for Your work at ReadmeINDIA will be added to Your User Account on Profile page by readmeindia.com Administrator. You can view Your Earnings at any time by logging in to Your User Account and clicking the Profile tab. Scroll down to Payment Details section to view (i) Your final balance or the total Pay amount that the employer owe to You, (ii) Last Pay amount released by the employer and (iii) Your fixed Pay (Monthly/ Hourly/ Pay Per Project/ Pay Per Word or whichever applicable) that is mutually discussed and agreed upon for Your work and services. You can contact the Administrator ([email protected]) for further queries regarding these details provided under Payment Details section on Your Profile page.
For the avoidance of doubt, note that Payments may be delayed and/or withheld (among other reasons) to the extent that ReadmeINDIA authority has a delay in processing applicable reports, crediting Your account, and/or has yet to receive sufficient funds from advertising services, potential buyers and other possible sources of income.
You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your Payments or Earned Balance without prior written consent of senior ReadmeINDIA official. ReadmeINDIA reserves the right to withhold Payment from You if You have, directly or indirectly, engaged in activity that is deceptive or fraudulent in nature, as determined by ReadmeINDIA in its sole discretion.
With respect to Your use of Your User Account with readmeindia.com, You agree to provide and maintain accurate information associated with Your User Account, including: name, address, additional contact information (as may be requested), payment account information, and any other information (as reasonably requested by the Administrator). You acknowledge and agree that it is Your sole responsibility to provide ReadmeINDIA with accurate and sufficient information such that the employer may make payments to You. We may not be able to make payment to You, and may withhold payment, because of any of the following reasons, including but not limited to: You have submitted inaccurate, partial, or insufficient Payment information; ReadmeINDIA has not been able to reach You after contacting the address provided by You; the selected Payment organization has rejected and/or returned Payment to the Payer; You have not logged into Your User Account to provide all necessary information required by the readmeindia.com Administrator.
You agree that as part of the Service, you may receive certain communications from ReadmeINDIA, such as User Account creation confirmations, Service announcements, Administrative messages and Newsletters. We care about the Privacy of our Users. And, of course, ReadmeINDIA promises to never rent or sell your personal information, and you will never receive email from a third party as a result of Your relationship with Us, unless We explicitly ask and You explicitly opt in to do so.
Security and Password
We have implemented reasonable technical measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use Your personal information for improper purposes.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Password and Account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of Your Password and Account. Therefore, You must take strict steps to ensure that others do not gain access to Your Password and Account.
Termination of Use
We are always trying to make Our site more transparent and accessible to Our Users, so please don’t hesitate to Contact Us to clarify something You can’t find the answer to. We always like hearing from You.
Write an email to [email protected] for any queries related to the “Terms of Service for Writers and Editors”.